Re: [Kind of OT] Why's this look like gibberish to me?

s. keeling wrote:
> Sorry for the thread snatch.
>
> I'm (usually*) reading d-u in slrn via the mail to news gateway
> linux.debian.user.  I've seen this before and I'm wondering if there's
> anything I can do about it, other than going utf-8 myself (I've no
> need for it (I think)).
>
>       ----------------------------------
> Bipin Babu <bipinbabu@gmail.com>:
>
>>  ------=_Part_7962_22139442.1209161466138
>>
>>  T24gRnJpLCBBcHIgMjUsIDIwMDggYXQgMTo1OCBQTSwgR2lsbGVzIE1vY2VsbGluIDxnaWxsZXMu
>>  bW9jZWxsaW5AZnJlZS5mcj4Kd3JvdGU6Cgo+IExlIEZyaWRheSAyNSBBcHJpbCAyMDA4IDE1OjUw
>>
>       ----------------------------------

I do not think the problem is with UTF-8. If it were, you'd see two (or
more) strange characters instead of accented letters or letters of other
writing systems. It does not look like that.

I think the problem is that the message is coded in base64, even if it
is (mostly) plaintext.

--
To get something clean, one has to get something dirty.
To get something dirty, one does not have to get anything clean.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb