Re: Howto mount a Debian disk (LVM, dm-crypt)?

On Saturday 26 April 2008 05:11, Hans Martin wrote:

> >   Once the decrypted device is set up, you can then do
> > name as the foregoing command, and <mountpt> is the mount point
> > where you want to put it.
>
> Thanks for the hint, but it does not work.
>
> [snippage]
> How can I rename my VG? (vgchange warns about "Duplicate
> VG name - and segfaults.)
>
> When I get my VG activated, mounting should be easy, but
> now I'm lost.

  It turns out that there's a "vgrename" in the lvm2 package
for Debian "etch" (and others, no doubt).  The man page says
the syntax is just "vgrename <oldname> <newname>".

  I've never done this, but that looks like your answer.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net