Re: mutt + mailings list ( + vim)

On 21-Apr-08, at 7:04 PM, hh.eu@gmx.de wrote:

Am 21.04.2008 um 23:45 schrieb Alex Samad:
so whilst viewing an email, I press shift-l, this starts vim with the
emails, I then use up and down arrows and v to highlight some text, I
would then like to press <some key combo> and have the text replaced by
<cr>[snip]<cr>
[snippage]
map <C-S-F1> d<Esc>i<CR>[snip]<CR><Esc>
[snippage]
You make a selection in vim, i.e. press Shift+v, then go down a few
lines, and then press the shortcut, which will delete the selection (d), go into insert mode (i) and put in your text and then leave insert mode
again (<Esc>).
[snippage]
You'll have to play around a bit to see how you want things when you
don't select full lines.

Wouldn't 'c' be better than 'd<Esc>i' ?

Brian