Re: mutt + mailings list ( + vim)

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 08:47:16PM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 06:42:39AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > 2 questions for the list
> >
> > 1) I keep all my mailing lists in different folders, is it possible to
> > setup mutt to automatically place the list address in the TO field when
> > I am in that folder and then to go back to normal when I leave that
> > folder
>
> Yes, it's possible (using folder hooks). But I usually use shift-l for
> list-reply when I want to reply to the list.
yep know about shift-l, but I was thinking about new email's, I will
looking folder hooks

> > 2) I use vim to edit me emails, how do I write a script such that it
> > takes the highlighted lines deletes them and then inserts
>
> Hilighted? Where?

so whilst viewing an email, I press shift-l, this starts vim with the
emails, I then use up and down arrows and v to highlight some text, I
would then like to press <some key combo> and have the text replaced by
<cr>[snip]<cr>