Re: I need further understanding of wine or bash

Rich Healey wrote:

LOL, Damned if I know. Goes back to a time when gods walked the halls of AT&T I think. I am thinking of people who did not like the new fangled "text" editor because "I do not like to see the state of the file while I am editing it". Quote is from "*Go to: The Story of the Math Majors, Bridge Players, Engineers, Chess Wizards, Scientists and Iconoclasts who were the Hero Programmers of the Software Revolution" *by Steve Lohr. That was the response of one of the Unix/Sun founders when he was shown emm (Editor for Mere Mortals) and his response is why it was named Emm or so the author claims. Forwarding this back to the list, maybe someone knows?

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com