I need further understanding of wine or bash

I have a game (only one :) ) that runs in win. I find I can use thunar or nautilus to tunnel down to the executable and right click, choose "open with wine", game runs fine.

This is tedious. So, using my superior knowledge of scripting, I thought I would just make a quick bash script and execute it:

#bin/bash!
wine /home/damon/C_drive/'Program Files'/'Stardock Games'/'Sins of a Solar Empire'/'Sins of a Solar Empire.exe'

As you can see, it is simply genius the way I used ALL of my bash scripting knowledge.

Of course, I chmoded it.
When I execute it I get:

damon@dam-main:~/Desktop$ ./Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire.sh
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible. fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
ALSA lib ../../src/conf.c:3949:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
ALSA lib ../../../src/control/control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0 err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1 Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f944,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_CheckDeviceMultiSampleType Quality levels unsupported at present fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateAdditionalSwapChain The app requests more than one back buffer, this can't be supported properly. Please configure the application to use double buffering(=1 back buffer) if possible err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateQuery (0x1adc78) Unhandled query type 4
fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithDataSegs
wine: Call from 0x7b8440c0 to unimplemented function faultrep.dll.ReportFault, aborting
fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithDataSegs

and the program does a dump then exits.

I have tried to do a symlink from the win partition /windows/system32 to /home/damon/C_drive/windows/system32 but I get the same result.

Again, if I use a GUI file manager and tunnel down (wines working dir is ~/C_drive/Program Files, which is nothing but a symlink to the real win/Program Files) and select "open with wine" it works, if I use a term and cd into the games dir and type " wine Sins\ of\ a\ Solar\ Empire.exe " it works.

What am I missing to make it work with a simple script to avoid all the typing or the tunneling via a GUI?

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com