Re: LDAP admin password configuring libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 09:30:41PM +0200, Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have setup a server with LDAP and Samba. Now i want to LDAP hosts
> authenticate with the LDAP server too, so i have installed in each
> host libnss-ldap, libpam-ldap and nscd. Everything works fine, but I
> don't know why these packages need the ldap admin password. Although
> the ldap.secret file is not world readable, i don't want the users
> could see it with sudo. And what would happen if i change the ldap
> admin password? Do I have to change it in every host?

it is only used to simulate root access to accounts

can I also suggest looking at libnss-ldapd instead off libnss-ldap,
I have experienced some group resolution errors with the later,
especially with the recent move to gnutls away from openssl