debian and kannel 1.4.1-2 and diskspace.

I have a weird situation where kannel is occupying over 142 gig of
diskspace and i do not think it is the log file either.
I just installed and started my kannel package and i realized that my
diskspace was disappearing.
I ran top and realized that kannel was taking a lot of cpu time.
But looked in the usual places and did not find out where the
diskspace was disappearing...
Does anyone know ???
I found out it was kannel -when i actually stopped it from running anymore..
can anyone help ???
thanks
mjh