Re: command line browser questions: - javascript - lynx history

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:45:30 +1000 (EST)
Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Celejar wrote:
>
> > As I have written in other mails to this list, there is apparently no
> > non GUI browser with proper Javascript support.  While I agree with
>
> Yes, I haven't found a lot of pages too bad, just youtube mainly...
> If I was to use elinks must I compile from source to get javascript
> support?

I believe so; you would probably get the source deb and build it
yourself with JS configured.

> What is its javascript like? Does it work with youtube for example?

I have no idea.

> > NN_il_Confusionario that much Javascript content is unnecessary, my
>
> Yes, I agree... I would use firefox if I could, but unfortunately more
> sites work with lynx than talk with firefox... :-)

I rarely have any real problems with FF (IW); most of my difficulties
derive from the fact that I am unwilling to install Flash, but my
impression from this list is that there's actually quite good Flash
support via the flash plugin, at least on i386 and possibly other
architectures that can use some sort of wrapper.  What sites give you
trouble with FF?

> > great problem is that my consumer wireless AP / switch / router
> > interfaces all require Javascript, so I can't modify their
> > configurations from the cli.
>
> Uh... My router seems to work fine, but I mostly ssh in anyway.
> Openwrt's web gui seems to be pretty good... :-)

That's fine if your router runs Openwrt; mine (Trendnet TEW-452BRP)
isn't listed as supported (but it's also not on the unsupported page).

> Daniel Dalton

Celejar