Re: Packages temporarily disappearing from Testing/Lenny

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>  I've looked thru "man apt.conf", "man apt_preferences" and "man
>  apt-get", but don't see any way to disable this.

I use aptitude exclusively, and I've never managed to get it to pull
in recommended packages. I basically go back in the buffer and cut &
paste if I want them. Not the best way to do the job, I suppose.

Then again , aptitude is not 'apt-get' but I'd hope much of the
functionality is the same. Going back to apt-get because aptitude
doesn't (or perceivably doesn't) handle recommends or other stuff the
same way is likely to cause more problems than it solves.

I know there is a switch something like "--with-recommends" but that
doesn't seem to work either.

And while I'm here, what is this "Unsupported proxy: false" when doing
a dist-upgrade? It happens every time I do an upgrade and it's related
to listing bugs, but that has never worked - although I usually ignore
it anway, but I'm kind of curious.