Re: Packages temporarily disappearing from Testing/Lenny

On 2008-04-14 18:32 +0200, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 04/14/08 10:56, Sven Joachim wrote:
>> You know that all these packages are just recommendations and you do not
>> need to install all (not even any) of them?
>
> Maybe there's an ambiguity in what "*will* be installed" means?

Probably not; if you'd use aptitude rather than apt-get, you could use
the "--without-recommends" commandline option or use the TUI to sort out
which of the recommended packages you want and which not (the latter is
what I did).  But even with apt-get, you can remove the recommended
packages at any time, that's the difference between dependencies and
recommendations, after all.

Sven