Re: [VERY OT while waiting for Lenny?] reminiscing on old computers

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 02:58:14AM +0200, s. keeling wrote:
> Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>:
> >
> >  If before we were kettle and pot, now that duct tape is an issue, are we
> >  Red and Green (do other places get the Red Green show?).
>
> Augh!  Red Green on d-u?!?  There's got to be a law against that!  :-P

Naw.  The Possomobile's (is that it, I don't often see the show)
computer box died so instead of buying a new one, he runs Debian on an
old VAX to run the engine since all the emission controlls are connected
with VAXum hoses.  This is why the Possomobile is a van; Vax don't fit
in lesser vehicles.

Of course, the ignition module was replaced by a SPARC running Debian.

The bumpers are a little rusty.  He has new Itanium ones...

:) :)

Doug.