Re: [VERY OT while waiting for Lenny?] reminiscing on old computers

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 06:25:01 pm Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 02:58:14AM +0200, s. keeling wrote:
> > Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>:
> > >  If before we were kettle and pot, now that duct tape is an issue, are
> > > we Red and Green (do other places get the Red Green show?).
> >
> > Augh!  Red Green on d-u?!?  There's got to be a law against that!  :-P
>
> Naw.  The Possomobile's (is that it, I don't often see the show)
> computer box died so instead of buying a new one, he runs Debian on an
> old VAX to run the engine since all the emission controlls are connected
> with VAXum hoses.  This is why the Possomobile is a van; Vax don't fit
> in lesser vehicles.

My delivery van is of the same vintage and model as that De Soto Tradesman.
As far as I can tell, the only difference between the Dodge and De Soto
Tradesman vans is the De Soto had daytime running lights standard per
Canadian law (I kinda want the daytime running light module out of that van
to put in mine, since you have to have headlights on in the rain in the
states, and it rains a lot in Cascadia and I sometimes forget if it's not
nighttime).

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca