Re: vmware-server with 2.6.24

Hi all.

>  I have found from previous times trying to install vmware not to look to
>  hard, sometimes it just go to far, which is why I try and kiss it.  So
>  tried out the any-any stuff, it worked so I was happy.

>  But knowing it is a simple things as changing a header file name, I
>  might re look at it and go back to the kernel modules from the vmware
>  tar ball

yes, you must modify the /vmmon-only/include/vcpuset.h included in
vmmon.tar (into vmware-any-any-update115.tar.gz)

SO:

# wget http://knihovny.cvut.cz/ftp/pub/vmware/vmware-any-any-update115.tar.gz
# tar zxvf vmware-any-any-update115.tar.gz
# cd vmware-any-any-update115
# cp vmmon.tar vmmon.tar.ori
# tar xvf vmmon.tar

You must modify ./vmmon-only/include/vcpuset.h
edit
#include "asm/bitops.h"
to obtain
#include "linux/bitops.h"

so, finally, you'll have:
#elif defined MODULE
      #include "linux/bitops.h"
#elif defined __APPLE__ && defined KERNEL

Recreate the tar file and run the runme.pl (instead of vmware-config.pl)

# tar cvfp vmmon.tar vmmon-only
# ./runme.pl

Hope this help.
Regards