Re: Question about Desktop Environments

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 03:20:36PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 01:48:13PM -0500, Jonathan Jacobs wrote:
> > I will also tell her that I will install Debian and migrate her email
> > and word documents over for her.
>
> Enjoy teaching her LaTex while she's at it.  May as well get her away
> from "word" into a real system.

this is not necessarily as inappropriate as others have
suggested. *My* mother (wild generalizations based on one anecdotal
case follows...) would likely greatly appreciate a CLI based
editor. All totalled, she has probably processed 10x more words in WP
5.1 or so than in all the gui editors combined. Its highly likely that
an older person may be more comfortable in that environment just from
past experience. I should probably talk to her about that and see if
she wants to move "back" to something like that...