Re: List of allowed rcpt hosts

"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 03:27:17PM -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
>> I'm setting up exim on a system and find that mutt can receive mail, but
>> not send it.
>
>> The exim configuration is the same on my desktop (debian etch having the
>> address 192.168.1.2) and the sidux laptop (having the address
>> 192.168.1.3) with one exception. That is, on my desktop I now see that I
>> gave my system mailname as "teufel.hartford-hwp.com", and I should have
>> provided just the domain, "hartford-hwp.com. This error is probably why
>> I have to correct my From: address in order to have this message go
>> out. But otherwise, the exim configuration is identical on both my
>> functioning system and the laptop I'm setting up.
>>
>> Is my problem the hookup of the two machines on the router, with the
>> addresses I've used, or is it an exim configuration issue?
>
> I'd guess that the problem is that you don't have exim setup properly
> for address rewriting.  See /etc/email-addresses.

> for a normal
> home ISP you have e.g.
> dtutty:dtutty@porchlight.ca
>
> So that exim rewrite mail from local user dtutty to from
> dtutty@porchlight.ca.

Thanks, Doug, but didn't work. In /etc/email-addresses I have:

  brownh: brownh@hartford-hwp.com

and tried (following the directions literally):

  user: brownh@hartford-hwp.com

No go.

In exim4 configuration, where I list recipient domains for which the
machine is final recipient, I put "hartford-hwp.com" in rather than
include the hostname "langhans.hartford-hwp.com".

In the section of the configuration that asks local mailname in outgoing
mail, I have a visible domain name as: "hartford-hwp.com".

I presume both of these are correct.

--

       Haines Brown, KB1GRM