Re: getting gs to see ttf fonts

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 09:47:15PM -0500, H.S. wrote:
> Chris Bannister wrote:
[..]
> I have these installed (BTW, the usherbrooke site that you said is not
> an official site, it is actually a Debian mirror, listed on Debian
> website):

Oooops, oh ok. Yeah I can see the indic-fonts package:

root@box:~# apt-cache search ttf-indic
ttf-indic-fonts - Metapackage for free Indian language fonts
[..]
>> Oh ... can you view the .ps with gv?
>>

> I see in gv exactly what gets printed in the printer ... boxes in place
> of indic font characters.
>
> BTW, the document I am trying to print is made in Unicode and my env is
> en_CA.UTF-8.

Good point. Maybe you need to be in Indian locale mode? YAWSITD[1]

> I will try out your suggestions in the other post. But I am beginning to
> think this may be due to how gs handles Unicode text, at least in
> non-latin fonts.

I'd suggest asking on a "i18n" list.

[1] Yet Another Wild Stab In The Dark.

--