Re: getting gs to see ttf fonts

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 08:18:45PM -0500, H.S. wrote:

>>> From within OOo from a menu, it exports the odt file directly to PDF.
>>>

>> What happens if you generate your .pdf (which seems to include the
>> fonts) then use a converter (there are several) to generate a ps from
>
> I get a ps file huge in size. Apparently, the whole document is being
> converted in to a bitmap file.

A ps file is just a plain text file.

>> that?  Are there any that don't use gs, that would use the fonts in the
>> pdf file?
>>
>> This may sound stupid (but it may work): there's a pdf to html converter
>> that turns each pdf page into a graphic that then a browser can display.
>> Would this round-about method work if the image could then be turned
>> into a ps?
>
> Given what I wrote above, ODT->PDF->PS is already an equivalent path as
> this.

It may seem that way, BUT its not working. The idea is to at least try
and narrow the problem down. It may be an equivalent path, it may even
be the same path, it may not, who knows? The thing is its all valuable
advice. Answers like that tend to put people off from helping.

See my other post in this thread about other ideas, particularly the
gsfonts bit.

I'm assuming, since you can print a PDF ok that you are just trying to
debug why the ps side of things doesn't work, otherwise you'd just print
things via the pdf route.

Oh ... can you view the .ps with gv?

--
Chris.