Re: Exim4 - local mail deliveries

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 08:22:12PM +0000, Felix Karpfen wrote:
> Since switching to Debian Etch, I no longer get messages (from cron and
> logcheck) delivered to my user-mailbox. Exim 4 delivers them to the
> mail-queue in /var/spool/exim4/input; when the queue is emptied, they
> appear to end up in /dev/null.

So they get sent out via your smarthost but you can rec. them via
fetchmail/getmail?

> The following uncovered advice in "man update-exim4.conf:
>
> | dc_localdelivery
> |
> | name of the default transport for local mail delivery. Defaults to
> | mail_spool if unset, use maildir_home for delivery to ~/Maildir/. This
> | setting does not correspond to a Debconf question and needs to be set
> | manually.
>
> is too cryptic for me.
>
> I would welcome a fuller explanation of what it says, and guidance
> on the correct entry in "update-exim4.conf" to post local mail to my
> user-mailbox.  In case it is relevant, my "postmaster" alias is "root"
> and my "root" alias is the normal user.

Try a
	dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

When it asks the question like[1]: "who else is the final destination"
make sure localhost is among the choices.

[1] I have converted to postfix, so I can't remember the wording, sorry.

--
Chris.
======