Re: dpkg --force-architecture to install 32-bit software on 64-bit system - bad idea?

On 3/4/08, Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an Approved Way of installing 32-bit packages when no 64-bit
> package is available? (Kompozer is not in the official Debian
> repository, for some reason.)

i386 chroots are one way, but wasteful if you only are using the one
app in the chroot, better, of course, if you have several and there is
no other alternative.

But if the source is available and it's not going to be a major issue
to compile it then I'd be inclined to go that route, and you'll end up
with a 64 bit version of the package as a side benefit :).