Re: debian vs centos as server

hhding wrote:
why debian?
why centos?

It seems same to me, and current we run debian as server.
But managers want run centos instead.

If you are using some proprietary software that is supported on RHEL (or Centos) and not on Debian, and you depend on that support.

Can't think of any other reasons. We run a couple of proprietary applications at work that are only supported on RHEL. I have had no problem running them on Debian Etch. YMMV.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi