Re: finally got lenny installed

On 26/02/2008, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
I tried aptitude remove --purge gdm and got back a whole list of other
packages gdm would like to remove with it including the entire gnome
environment.  I think I may just rename gdm to something else in order to
have a possibility of getting past the application non-destructively.

Checking my installation removing gdm will remove gnome-desktop-environment which is a package rather than  the whole gnome desktop. The other stuff aptitude wants to remove is what aptitude *thinks* is no longer required. A suggestion would to install synaptic, a graphical front-end  to apt,  as your package manager which I think is clearer in a some instances.

rob

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1