Re: debian vs centos as server

What they say is redhat contribute many patchs to linux kernel, and the redhat AS is proved stable in product environment.

Alan Ianson wrote:
On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 08:46 +0800, hhding wrote:
why debian?
why centos?

Both are good I think. I don't know centos well myself so I stick with
debian (what I know, to some degree anyway).

It seems same to me, and current we run debian as server.
But managers want run centos instead.

Did they say why? If you are setting up a new server then you can play
with stuff till you decide what you want. Once it's all setup it's not
easy to start over with a different distro.