Re: [OT] Goodbye Debian

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 08:34:23AM -0600, Chris wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> *** Major snip ***
> >I'm setting an example.
>
> Let's not break your arm pattin' yourself on the back.
>
> More people then you think are doing the same thing you claim to be
> doing - thus, you are NOT setting an example.
>
> You're not that important to claim such a remark/comment.
>
> More appropriately stated would be: I'm doing my part to help the OS
> community.

I hope that you are not setting an example by this example.

Dotan may not be setting an example among your circle of enlightened
beings but he very well may be in his circle.  He's not breaking his arm
patting himself on the back, instead he is making explicit what is
occult on email.  Unless someone from his circle is also on this list,
we can't see that he is leading by example except by being told so.

Since not everyone on this list is as enlightened as you two are, then
he may be leading by example (or, to give the devil his due, by claimed
example) here too.

Every individual is equally important in the great scheme of things.  It
is only from narrow viewpoints that some seem more important than
others.

Thanks.

Doug.