Re: Ice Weasel

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 06:00:05PM -0500, dick wrote:
> What is it with Ice Weasel anyhow.  I have no problems signing onto Debian
> and using Icedove.  the rest of the processing goes well.
>
> However, when it comes to Iceweasel, it spends more time dropping out that
> it does working.  It will work for a couple of screens and then drops out.

What do you mean by that?

> You can bring it back and it will work for a couple of screens and then
> drops again.  I know that there are a lot of things I can do with Debian

How do you bring it back?

> and it will work great.  I also use Mepis which is based on Debian and have
> no problems with it at all.  However, Debian itself and Ice Weasel in
> particular make it almost not worth using Debian at all.

The typical suggestions for Iceweasel troubles:

- start from a terminal and check for error messages
- start with the -safe-mode parameter (especially if you have
  extensions/plug-ins/whatever
- (re)move your .mozilla folder
- try from a different user account
- try other browsers

> I am using Debian Sidux and have also tried Etch in the past and have had
> the same problems with them both.  I am using an Intel Duo Core 2 processor
> E4400.  Ubuntu, Mepis, BlueWhite64, Sabayon all work great and with no
> problems.  Debian sucks big time.

Whatever suits your needs ...

Regards,
Andrei