Re: libpcre3 security update on lenny not installed

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 01:35:20AM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 01:08:30PM +0100, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> > As far as I know there is a security update available for the package libpcre3
> > currently installed in lenny. But on my system the security update is not
> > installed commanding
> >   aptitude full-upgrade
> > Checking with
> >   apt-cache policy libpcre3
> > shows
> >
> > libpcre3:
> >   Installed: 7.4-1
> >   Candidate: 7.4-1
> >   Version table:
> >      7.6-2 0
> >         500 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
> >  *** 7.4-1 0
> >         600 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
> ---------^^^^^
>
> Check your /etc/apt/preferences.

Sorry, didn't read carefull enough. Yes, it seems to me there is a
problem with the version number. I think the simplest method (to get is
installed) would be something like

aptitude download libpcre3=needed-version
dpkg -i ...

I wonder why the strange version ... maybe you should search the BTS.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)