Re: Ice Weasel

--- Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 06:00:05PM -0500, dick
> wrote:
> > What is it with Ice Weasel anyhow.  I have no
> problems signing onto Debian
> > and using Icedove.  the rest of the processing
> goes well.
> >
> > However, when it comes to Iceweasel, it spends
> more time dropping out that
> > it does working.  It will work for a couple of
> screens and then drops out.
>
> What do you mean by that?
>
> > You can bring it back and it will work for a
> couple of screens and then
> > drops again.  I know that there are a lot of
> things I can do with Debian
>
> How do you bring it back?
>
> > and it will work great.  I also use Mepis which is
> based on Debian and have
> > no problems with it at all.  However, Debian
> itself and Ice Weasel in
> > particular make it almost not worth using Debian
> at all.
>
> The typical suggestions for Iceweasel troubles:
>
> - start from a terminal and check for error messages
> - start with the -safe-mode parameter (especially if
> you have
>   extensions/plug-ins/whatever
> - (re)move your .mozilla folder
> - try from a different user account
> - try other browsers
>
> > I am using Debian Sidux and have also tried Etch
> in the past and have had
> > the same problems with them both.  I am using an
> Intel Duo Core 2 processor
> > E4400.  Ubuntu, Mepis, BlueWhite64, Sabayon all
> work great and with no
> > problems.  Debian sucks big time.
>
> Whatever suits your needs ...
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
Is your system up-to-date? Which version of Iceweasel
are you using? Have you tried newer/older versions?

You could give Opera a try. (my favorite ;)

The kind and knowledgable folks on this list will help
you....but be kind. Debian is a fine distribution,
but, as with any software, problems will arise.
Browser problems are frustrating tho....I'm sure
everyone would agree. Usually you can sort this stuff
out...with patience.

Best regards...and I hope you find a solution.

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931############

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs