Re: Etch installation media doesn't boot (neither NETINST CD, nor floppies), but other distros do... :-(

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 06:39:41PM -0900, Siraaj Khandkar wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2008, at 06:31, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:24:36PM -0900, Siraaj Khandkar wrote:
 >
> >so you get no bootloader at all? that's amazing.
> >

> I was puzzled as well - that's the first time I see something like
> this...

> >Another thing you might try is drag the harddrive out that box and
> >use another box to install to that harddrive and then stick the drive
> >back into the original box and see what happens.
>
> My fear of doing it that way is that I won't get the proper net
> drivers installed.

Doesn't matter.  Once you have Etch on a drive that boots in the
machine, then all the net modules will be on the drive under /lib
anyway.  Udev should then find the devices on boot and load the modules.
Udev is set to load "most" and look for the rest on-the-fly.

Doug.