Re: pm-hibernate doesn't resume (Thinkpad X61 tablet)

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:25:23AM -0500, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008, Michael Biebl wrote:
>
>> Michael Biebl wrote:

>>> Do you have uswsusp installed, but your kernel is compiled without an
>>> initramfs?
>>> In that case it won't work. s2disk requires a initramfs to successfully
>>> resume.
>

>> Option 3)
>> Use a Debian kernel :-)
>>

> Sadly I can't - the sound on this laptop only works when using 2.6.24 or
> above.

You're already on lenny, why not just pull in the kernel from sid? The
only versioned dependencies are already satisfied in lenny so you
won't pull in any extra packages.

just change sources.list to point to lenny.

do an

aptitude update && aptitude install \
linux-image-2.6.24-1-<architecture>

ignore all the held back packages and upgrade the kernel. Then change
sources.list back.