Re: pm-hibernate doesn't resume (Thinkpad X61 tablet)

Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Greetings-
>
> I have just finished setting up my new laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad X61
> Tablet PC.  I am running Debian testing with a self-compiled kernel
> 2.6.24.2. Generally it works very nicely and I am pleased with it;
> however, hibernate/resume does not work correctly. Specifically: using
> either gnome's "hibernate" button or using pm-hibernate, the system
> snapshots correctly and shuts down, but upon starting back up it just does
> a normal reboot.
>
> The kernel has SWSUSP built in, with a default partition of /dev/sda3
> which is an empty partition, and the kernel options in GRUB include
> resume=/dev/sda3 .
>
> Any advice?

Do you have uswsusp installed, but your kernel is compiled without an
initramfs?
In that case it won't work. s2disk requires a initramfs to successfully
resume.
Option 1)
Compile your kernel with make-kpkg kernel_image --initrd
Option 2)
Uninstall uswsusp and use kernel swsusp.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?