re: apache log question

I found a solution, I had the same problem.  The reason was I have virtual hosts defined, and the tool that I used to create them made a file called system-config-httpd.conf in the conf.d directory.  I just had to look for the section that covered that virtual hosts and add this line in red (again, as I had it in the httpd.conf file in the folder below this folder but didn't do anything there):

        ServerSignature on
        TransferLog logs/access_log
        CustomLog logs/referer_log referer
        DirectoryIndex index.php