Re: OMG! Think I did something stupid with dmcrypt

Ron Johnson wrote:
Hmmm.  Your OP, then, is confusingly written.  Or I'm stupid.

<QUOTE>
    I have debian lenny on a server with full disk encryption
</QUOTE>

Does this mean that your /, /usr, /home etc were all encrypted, and
that you lost Important Stuff like /home?
well I wouldn't call anyone stupid, because that's plain stupid :), but I think you have not read my post carefully enough.  Maybe I did give too much info in the firt sentence though, that led to confusion.

<QUOTE>
I have debian lenny on a server with full disk encryption (the guided
partitioning option) and an external usb WD Mybook that is also
encrypted with dmcrypt/LUKS.

I just formatted the server to install and try out CentOS.  Then I went
to the Ubuntu Wiki to see how I can access the USB drive on another
computer, and I started reading about keys etc etc.  Have I just
overwritten my key to the usb drive whilst formatting the server?
</QUOTE>