Fw: Addressing REF asterisk issue for UTSW

Changed my mind. I want to do a lower case x. ;-)

From my PDA

----- Original Message -----
From: Nancy Reed
To: Robert Warner; Mary Lou Short; Matthew Ketterman; Ginger Wright; Taryn Tresca; Cody Wisdom; Herve Devos; Cindy Allton; Mary Raines
Cc: Greg Ybarra; Mike Seisler; Tiffany Buchanan; Debbie Kennedy; Mary Anne Orenchuk; Cindy Allton; Jon McBride
Sent: Wed Feb 13 17:07:55 2008
Subject: RE: Addressing REF asterisk issue for UTSW

Debbie and I have cussed and discussed this issue and have come the the agreement that we will replace the "* - asterisk" with a capital "X".

The question mark caused the receiver implementation team concerns.  The X may still cause payer rejects if the payer is dependant on the provider number for the REF segment that contains an asterisk.  But either way - if we strip it or send an X - they will not get a valid provider number.

We are in agreement that we need to educate UTSW on the potential of payer rejects because we are not doing exactly what we did on THIN, but this is a quick solution that will allow them to submit claims successfully thru Availity at least one week earlier.   Tiffany will be responsible for this communication.

Thanks all - I still love you Deb!!!

Nancy D. Reed
Director, Implementation Services
Availity, L.L.C.
Office:  972/383-6326
Nancy.Reed@Availity.com

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential under applicable law.  It is intended solely for the use of the person or firm named above.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originating email address. Availity, L.L.C. is not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Availity, L.L.C.