Re: What am I missing without mutt?

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 11:38:04PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2008-02-10 19:14:56, schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> > Thanks for the tip, Michelle. Tell me, how does one configure Konsole
> > to use it? It can be seen here that libfribidi is installed, yet the
>
> Examples:
>
> Package: acon
> Maintainer: Ahmed El-Mahmoudy <aelmahmoudy@users.sourceforge.net>
> Version: 1.0.5-4
>  The function of acon is to display arabic text from right to left,
>  and process it to change the letter shape according to its position
>  in the word.

IIRC acon is something for the linux console only. I also recall it was
quite buggy. At least last time I tried it (around 2001). Were there any
newer versions?

It has gone through a rewrite (acca?) at arround 2004 or so, but that
stalled too.

Anybody has better details?

> and general UTF-8
>
> Package: dynafont
> Maintainer: Piotr Roszatycki <dexter@debian.org>
> Version: 1.0-23.7
>  This is a tool which allows displaying texts containing thousands of different
>  characters. It switches console to UTF8 mode and loads required fonts
>  dynamically. It is recommended to use this tool with filterm(1) tool,
>  i.e. by executing 'filterm - dynafont' command or 'filterm - 512bold+dynafont'
>  if you are not using framebuffer.
>  .
>  The tool works with UTF8-compatible applications, i.e. lynx(1).
>  There are problems with 8-bit only applications.

Again, this is needed for the Linux console, which is limited with a
character map of 512 characters. Or you can use the font LatArCyrHeb-16 .