Re: low-MHz server

A Blue and White G3 will happily boot and run the latest Debian releases (Etch or Lenny). The Beige G3s (which may have slightly lower MHz ratings [233 for Beige vs 300 for the B&W]) will run Sarge OK once booted -- I haven't tried Etch or Lenny, but they need a bit of TLC to get them to boot Linux in the first place. Mail me offline if you decide to give this a try. I'll try to help.

There are even older Macs with sub 200MHz CPUs, but you will probably find them too limited in the amount of RAM they can take.

Rick