Re: What am I missing without mutt?

On Feb 4, 4:20 pm, "Dotan Cohen" <dotanco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure, for plain text OOo and Word are terrible tools. They are not
> meant for that purpose. However, when you need markup such as that for
> print documents, a word processor is a necessity.

A necessity?  Only if you don't know LaTeX.

But I think you see my point. For a text and keyboard person, mutt is
much more efficient. To me using Thunderbird to send email is like
trying to manage text with a word processor.

To pick up on your analogy. Mutt is made for the purpose of managing
and sending plain text emails. If that's what you want to do, then
it's much more efficient and programmable than a gui email program
like Thunderbird.

Just my opinion.

RD