Re: Memory Stick is sg1?

On Jan 27, 2008 10:22 PM, Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:
> in /etc/fstab but when I tried to mount /usbdrive the system responded,
> "This is not a block device".  It was after this that I found that as
> root I could mount the memory stick with mount /dev/sda /mnt. - Tom

Hi, then try modifying you /etc/fstab to point to /dev/sda and not
/dev/sda1. Looking from your post, you can mount /dev/sda and not
/dev/sda1, your fstab on the other hand only gives normal permission
to mount /dev/sda and not /dev/sda1.

It's a little bit puzzling why there is no number, it might be because
you meant you mounted /dev/sda1, in which case I'm totally wrong and
you can ignore this post entirely. ):

Chris