Re: Memory Stick is sg1?

Thomas H. George:

> No, just to use it to store data.  As it is I can only mount it as root
> and to just store data I would prefer to mount it as a normal user.

I still don't understand your problem, but what a user is able to mount
is determined by the contents of /etc/fstab.

If you want ordinary users to be able to mount a specific filesystem,
just add the "user" option:

$ grep user /etc/fstab
/dev/iriver1 /media/iriver   vfat noauto,user,noatime                    0 0
/dev/stick1  /media/stick    vfat noauto,user,noatime,async,utf8=true    0 0
/dev/sda1    /media/usbdisk  auto noauto,user,noatime,async              0 0
/dev/hdc     /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,ro                  0 0

J.
--
I frequently find myself at the top of the stairs with absolutely
nothing happening in my brain.