strange behavior of etherneth cards

Hello!

I have an old PC box that I use as router / gateway.

So far it works well.

There was three etherneth cards in this box:
eth0 was for my 1. ISp that I use no any more
eth1 was for my LAN
eth2 was for my DMZ

Today I change these ethernet cards abowe.
I remove eth0 and move it to my server machine
because I want to set up wake on lan. So I want
to start this server with wakeonlan package.

This ethernet card, that was the eth0 on gateway
has the capability to wak on lan.

So after this set up I boot on the gateway.
I try to set up network interfaces
eth1 and eth2 and to remove eth0 from
/etc/network/interfaces.

When I restarted networking, I can't to get
eth2 up.

And that is not all.
I can't anymore ping my server nor reach
the web page there.

Then I try to put the 4. ethernet on gateway
to tidy of the previous eth0 card.

I can't to get eth0 up.

I can't to get working anymore my home network.

Why this happen?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi