Re: File Notes

On 6/2/07, Manon Metten <manon.metten@gmail.com> wrote:
Quote from the "CLI Magic: Use Extended Attributes for better file
management" page (which is at
http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=05/06/13/1352241&tid=113&tid=70&tid=89
):

I'm using getfattr and setfattr for now. Actually I made two scripts
to use both of these commands a bit more easily.

I found a problem tho. When a name value (user.comment for example) is
set for a file and later the file is modified, the name value
vanishes, unlike what you mentioned earlier about file notes.

Maybe we'll need to look at something else it seems due to this problem.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.