Re: File Notes

Hi Deboo,

On 6/1/07, Deboo ^ <knowledgeful@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for the very nice review of file notes. I wish this kinda
thing was there in one of the Linux FS. I do this kinda thing manually
when creating a file or a directory. I make a eradme.txt in every
directory where I put info about the directory and about each file I
create, be it notes or scripts or whatever.

Creating a readme.txt was the only thing I could think of too, to replace File Notes. But it has the major disadvantage of making me edit that txt every time when I add/delete/move/rename a file.

BTW: IIRC from C-programming (has been a very long time ago), AmigaDOS uses a FileInfoBlock structure and that's where the file note (alias comment) is stored. The structure looks like this:

struct FileInfoBlock
{
  sizeof( FileInfoBlock );
  fib_DiskKey;