Re: Is Etch Stable is really stable?

On 06/03/2007 09:49 PM, Deboo ^ wrote:

About half of the files passed and are moved from the cache. About
half, that is about 171 MB is left in /var/cache/apt/archives.If I can
get a quick way to somehow check these, I'll move them or else leave
them after taking the output of dpkg --get-selections.

But how do you assemble them into a repository-like unofficial CD?
What commands will do this?

Regards,
Deboo

I believe that 'apt-move' is able to do this, but I haven't used it yet. Indeed, I plan to use apt-move to make my /var/cache/apt/archives into a local Debian repository when needed.

However, I think you can just plop the files down into /var/cache/apt/archives after you've installed a minimal base system including apt.

Can you provide a list of the files currently in /var/cache/apt/archives?

BTW, from what URL did you download your md5sums.txt.gz file?