Re: Is Etch Stable is really stable?

On 6/2/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
You're almost there.  Run
        # md5sum -c /path/to/MD5SUMS >> /root/cachesums.txt

Now, /root/cachesums.txt will have the results.  Files that checked OK
will have "OK" in the line along with the file name.  Files that exist
and failed will (I think) have a FAILED (you can manually look and see
for sure), while files that did not exist will have a suitable error
message listed.

I extracted the OK lines and the FAILED lines to separate files but I
could not find any line containing error. And still not all the files
in /var/cache/apt/archives got an OK. Atleast half of them were left
out as I can see from the result of the OK file. What happened to the
others?

I manually checked and saw that the md5sums.gz I got from the server,
doesn't  have quite a few well known packages' md5sums listed.

I cut the lines of md5sums.gz containing i36 and excluding hurd or
pre- or tar.gz or diff or dsc etc, keeping only i386.deb in the
resulting cachesums.txt

Atleast the 400 or so files that passed the md5sum test, can I without
copying each of them, do something automatic to copy all these to a
separate directory?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.