Re: Is Etch Stable is really stable?

On 5/31/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

Assuming that your apt cache represents a significant download time then
it makes sense to spend some time to 1) verify their integrity, then 2)
assemble them into a repository-like unofficial CD that you can use
during the install.

I don't know of an automated way to do this, however, I think that each
package in the debian repository will have its md5 sum listed in a file
somewhere on the same server.  You can then calculate the md5 sum of
each of the debs in your apt cache and verify them.  Remove any that
fail prior to bundling them into your own repository.

Thank you Doug for you reply!
I found an md5sums.gz under /debian/indices directory on the server.
t's about 11 MB. It must be having md5sums for _all_ the debian
packages, how do I extract the ones for the packages I have? Some
shell scripting ? Any ideas?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.