Re: UPS

On Dec 5, 2007, at 4:07 AM, Tom Allison wrote:

APC has two model lines. Their BackUPS models give you basic functionality and a contact-closure interface for power failure and low battery alerts. Configuration is by DIP switches.

Their SmartUPS line adds scheduled self-tests, voltage buck/boost, and the ability to read line voltage, battery voltage, percent charge, and several other values through a serial interface. Configuration is through software.

Is the software configuration available in apscupsd or nut or ...?

NUT can do it.  I suspect apcupsd can do it, but I haven't used that.