GIMP and printing

Hello,

I'm trying to print a color image on a "HP Color Deskjet 4650". This printer even is (almost) there in Gimp's printer selecting menu (actually what Gimp has is a "HP Color Deskjet 4600", close enough I guess), but when I choose that I don't have the option of printing in color.

That strikes me as very odd, especially since the next best printer is a "Color" model as well. Should I file a bug, or did I do something stupid?

BTW, I downloaded the appropriate PPD file and put it into /usr/share/ppd/1-local-admin/, but Gimp doesn't seem to be paying attention to that.

Thanks,
--D.