Re: [OT] sandpaper [Was: Re: results: debian-user's favourite FLOSS]

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 01:06:36PM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 08:25:46AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 09:45:07AM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > > On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 09:59:52AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>
> > > For pure woodworking (as opposed to, say, surface prep prior to
> > > repainting something on the house), I don't use sandpaper at all.  My
> > > shop doesn't have it.  I use scrapers if I need or, or leave a true
> > > planed surface.
> >
> > Nice way to take my analogy as a means to veer wildly OT ;-)
>
> There's a thinn veneer of T if you hook the router up to your debian box
> for CNC :)

been thinking of that, but I'm starting to look more towards reprap...
www.reprap.org

> If you can only have one woodworking tool,

I meant within the context of the router/shaper question.

?

> Then you can make every other tool eventually.  To make life easier, if
> you can only have one tool, make it a vertical milling machine.  You can
> then make a metal lathe and between the two, you can make anything
> in the world, eventually.

I've always said given a decent pocket knife and enough time I could
rebuild civilization...

maybe that should be my sig.