Re: [OT?] Replying to posts in debian-user

Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com>:
>  On Nov 18, 2007 9:12 AM, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 03:34:27PM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> >
> > > There is one tip I have for you: use a mailer that has better support
> > > for mailing lists than your current one, e.g. KMail.  Mutt and Gnus
> > > are even better, but they are difficult to set up.
> >
> > I'm wondering what is difficult about setting up mutt.

I like mutt.  I admit it's difficult to "personalize" it (fcc-hook,
folder-hook, charset-hook, save-hook, ...).

> > Sure, you can get fancy and have mutt or other things sort and slice,
> > dice, and cook the mail.  I've never had the need.

I do.  Fetchmail gets it, hands off to exim, passes to procmail, calls
bogofilter to inspect, ...  ${Magic_Happens}

>  Lucky you. I have looked into using mutt, as I tend to be a CLI
>  junkie, but I found that would need to do a lot of customization
>  before I would enjoy using it. I would need to do much of the
>  customization all at once, before I started using it, and to really
>  make it worthwhile I also need to use it with imap, which means

Mutt does IMAP protocol.  No local imapd necessary.  Just connect.

>  In my opinion, Mutt is quite a bit harder to start using than vim.

You need to do more research.  Yeah, mutt appreciates handholding,
just like any other puppy.  It's really no more difficult than any
other puppy.