[OT?] Replying to posts in debian-user

Hi,

This question has been nagging me every time I reply to some post. What is the recommended way to reply to any message?

If I use "reply-to-all", icedove adds the original sender in the "To:" field and the debian-user address in the "CC:" field. If I send it in this way, will the sender receive two posts? I never received multiple replies to any of my posts, so I think the list software probably doesn't send out multiple copies to the same recipient. Am I correct in assuming this?

In case I was mistaken, my apologies to everyone who has been spammed by multiple mails from me :)

Or should I delete the sender's address from the list? I should probably leave the sender's address as it is if they ask to be cc'd for not being on the list. What about the other cases?

I know this question is fairly elementary, but thought I'd better get my basics straight instead of continuing to annoy people with my ignorance.

Thanks & Regards,
Raj Kiran

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi