Re: [OT?] Replying to posts in debian-user

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 03:34:27PM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:

> There is one tip I have for you: use a mailer that has better support
> for mailing lists than your current one, e.g. KMail.  Mutt and Gnus
> are even better, but they are difficult to set up.

I'm wondering what is difficult about setting up mutt.

In /etc/Muttrc, the only change I made, other than to ignore some
headers, was

set record=""

so that I don't have a default sent folder.

and in ~/.muttrc, other than aliases for family, friends, and mailing
lists, I just have the subscribe lists for mailing lists, eg:

alias debian-user	debian-user@lists.debian.org
subscribe debian-user@lists.debian.org

Thats it.  I send mail and it goes to exim4 that sends it to my ISP as a
smarthost, and away it goes from there.

Sure, you can get fancy and have mutt or other things sort and slice,
dice, and cook the mail.  I've never had the need.

Doug.